Are you a Blogger or Online Entrepreneur? If Yes, this post is a must for you. In this article, we will discuss the list of essential apps or online sites for running an online store or website or blog.
For your convenience, we have also categorized the list into different categories as per their nature and use.
While preparing this list, we have ensured that only the best and right tools useful for running the website online are included in the list. Trust, the tools or services mentioned in the below list is really important for running a website online.
Tools For Blogging And Online Business
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Tools For Blogging And Online Business
- Writing And Proof-Reading Tools
- Social Networking Sites
- Customer Support Service
- Keyword Research Tools
- Social Media Tools
- Content Idea Generation Tools
- Visual Images Tools
- Search Engine Optimization Tools
- Video Or Audio Editing Softwares
- Screen Recording Software
- Best WordPress Plugins
- Webmaster Tools
- Miscellaneous Tools
- The Final Words
This list includes all types of applications like Writing Blog Posts, Compressing Image File, Social Media Automation and Improving Productivity, etc.
If you think we have missed out on any important name then please feel free to contact us or drop a message in below comment box. Next, we also suggest bookmarking this article permanently. We will keep adding new tools, service or apps in this list.
So, What are we waiting for? Let’s start with the list below.
Writing And Proof-Reading Tools
Writing and Proof-Reading Tools
- Grammarly: It is a writing app to make your documents and post clear, grammatical-error-free, and spelling mistake-free. This is a must app if you are running a blog or any writing services.
- Hemingway Editor: After Grammarly, another name in the list is Hemingway Editor. Unlike Grammarly, this writing app does not find spelling errors instead it highlights complex errors like the use of active or passive voice, lengthy sentences and paragraphs which are difficult to read, etc.
- Paper Checker: The next name on the list is Paper Checker. This writing app will analyze your uploaded content to proofread and find the Grammer and Spelling errors (if any).
- Polish Writing: Polish Writing is another best example of such tools. It highlights the error in three different colors. A Blue one for style suggestions, a Red one for the spelling errors, and a Green one for grammatical errors.
- Ginger: Ginger is another best online software to correct grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes, and misused words, with unmatched accuracy.
Social Networking Sites
There are more than 250 active social media sites available online. But, hereby we have included only a few well know sites only.
- Facebook: When it comes to Social Media sites, how can we forget the name of ‘Facebook‘? Facebook is the most active social networking site today. If you want instant traffic to your site then you should definitely give it a try to this social networking site.
- Twitter: This is another best social networking site. If you want high-quality traffic to your site then you should give it a try to ‘Twitter’ once. I am sure you will like it.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a must site if your website is related to some creative or artistic work and includes lots of Images on it. Trust me, Pinterest works best with visual images.
- Linkedin: Linkedin is another best social networking site for your site. If your website is related to any profession then this site is just for you. For example, Linkedin works best for any educational site like CAClubIndia, etc.
- Instagram: Like Pinterest, Instagram works best with sites that include lots of images or photos.
- Tumblr: Tumblr is another good social networking site for promoting your site online. According to one study, in 2019, Tumblr hosts over 475 million blogs and gets more than 500 million visits per month.
- Reddit: This is the best social media site if you really hunting for quality traffic. But, please remember, Reddit is a spam-savvy site. You will easily get banned permanently for sharing any irrelevant post or promoting your blog. The only way to get succeded on Reddit is to contribute first and thereby gain some karma on it. Once you get some karma, you can start promoting your site on it.
Customer Support Service
Customer Support Service
- Freshdesk: If you are looking for a customer ticketing system, a ‘Freshdesk‘ is a solution for you. Trust, you will not be dissatisfied after using this software. In fact, we are using this at our online store ‘EmbroideryShristi’. The best part of this service is – All the basic features are available for free. You only need to pay when you want to use the advanced features of this service. Yes, an unlimited agent with unlimited tickets or emails is available for free.
- ClickDesk: Clickdesk is another best website for customer service support. Besides providing online support it also includes the live chat features integrated with the support service. This service is available for free up to 25 tickets and 30 live chats per month. Besides this, you need to upgrade your service to a pro and paid version.
- ZohoDesk: Zohodesk includes almost all essential features for starting customer support But, this service is free for up to 10 users, the 11th onward you need to pay for it.
- Smartsupp: Smartsupp is the best option to enable the live chat option on your site. This service is available for free for up to 3 users and from the 4th onward, you need to pay $10 per agent. Further, the free version only includes basic features like Live Chat, Auto Message, Screen Recording, etc. But for advanced features or statistics, you need to upgrade it to the pro version.
Keyword Research Tools
Keyword Research Tools
- Google Keyword Planner: This one is my favorite. It is a Google product available for free. You will find this tool in your Google Adword account.
- Keyword Spy: This is another best free keyword research tool. Using this tool you can easily analyze any given keyword for the given country.
- Long Tail Pro: Long Tail Pro is a powerful keyword research software. Next, as the name suggests, it can generate hundreds or thousands of unique “Long Tail” keywords in a matter of minutes. If you are looking for paid software then this tool will work best for you. This software needs to be downloaded and installed on your desktop to use it.
- SMerush: Another name on the list is SMerush.This paid tool will not only helps you in doing the keyword research but also help with other SEO works like Website Audit, Link Building, Competitive analysis, etc. SMERSH will be the best choice if you are looking for a complete Search Engine Optimization package for your site.
- Keyword Explorer from Moz: It is another paid tool for keyword research. To use this tool, all you need to do is enter the given keyword and it will gather more suggestions, filter by metrics, and build lists to organize your keyword research.
- Ahrefs: If you are looking for a complete SEO package to audit your website, explore competitors, research keywords & backlinks in one place then this tool is for you. This tool can do all this work (including keyword research) for you. yes, this is a paid tool.
Social Media Tools
Social Media Tools
- IFTTT: IFTTT stands for If This Than That. This is a free tool used for doing social automation. All you need to do is create an ‘Applet’ asking to post on social sites on the trigger of a particular activity.
- PostPlanner: As the name suggests it helps you find & schedule top-performing content to reach more followers and thereby increase social followers.
- Tailwind: This is a paid tool to automate your social media activities. But currently, this automation tool is only available for Pinterest and Instagram sites.
- Buffer App: According to Wikipedia, Buffer is an application for the web and mobile, designed to manage accounts on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. by providing the means for a user to schedule posts as well as analyze their results and engage with their community.
- ClickToTweet: It is a free tool to promote, share & track your content on Twitter. The only disadvantage of using this tool is- As the name suggests, it is only available for Twitter.
- Mention: Mention is an online monitoring tool that sends an alert when someone mentions your keywords online. Yes, if someone mentions your keyword anywhere online then you will get email alerts for it. This tool is available for free for 1 keyword. You need to purchase its paid plan for getting alerts for more than one keyword.
- Google Alert: If you’re looking for a free alternative to ‘Mention’ then Google Alert can help you. Google Alert does the same job that ‘Mention’ can do for you. It is a free tool to monitor your given keyword online. As the name suggests, you will get email alerts when someone mentioned or use your given keyword online. Yes, it is a free tool. you don’t need to pay for it. To use this tool, all you need is a google account and a particular keyword for which you want to get the alerts. Rest, the Google tool will do it.
Content Idea Generation Tools
Content Idea Generation Tools
- Quora: This one is my favorite. I strongly suggest using this site, not only for generating new content ideas but also for building backlinks and generate traffic to your site.
- Ahrefs Content explorer: In April 2019, Ahref launched a new improved version of Content Explorer consists of a searchable and filterable database of hundreds of millions of web pages. It helps copywriters and content marketers find the most shared and ‘linked-to content. Explore the best ideas for your new content.
- BuzzSumo: BuzzSumo is a great alternative to Ahref Content Explorer. It helps you to identify what content performs best for any topic or competitor. In short, it analyzes the content and thereby gives you detailed insights.
- Google Trends Search: Can’t afford the paid tool. No Problem. Google Trends has a solution for you. Using Google Trends, you can easily identify trending topics online. It will tell you what is currently trending online and thereby you can decide the topic or blog post for your blog or site.
- Blog topic generator: HubSpot’s free Blog Ideas Generator tool gives you a year’s worth of blog post ideas in a matter of seconds.
Visual Images Tools
Visual Images Or Videos Tools
- Pixabay: Trust me, whether you are looking for free images or videos, Pixabay will be always your first choice. With more than one million visuals media files, Pixabay has the best collection of royalty-free images or videos. Yes, all the media files available on this site are available for free for both personal and commercial use. Next, ‘No Attribution’ is to use these images or video files.
- Flickr: Flickr is another best place to get royalty-free images or videos. Next, always remember, Flickr is an image-sharing website where the users upload the images with a respective license. Hence, it is not necessary that all the uploaded images will be available for free commercial use. To identify the free images for commercial use, you can take the help of the ‘Advanced Search’ feature of Flickr.
- OpenClipart: If you are looking for free commercial use clipart, not the photos then this site is for you. On this website, you will find free clipart for commercial use. Yes, ‘No Attribution’ is required on this website.
- Clker: It is another free website providing free images for commercial use without the attribution requirement.
- Resize Utility: You can easily optimize the Image file by compressing its file size to a great extent. This tool can do resizing free of cost. This desktop tool will resize and compress your image file in your required resolutions.
- Short Pixels: It is an alternative to Resize Utility. The only differences between Short Pixels and Resize Utility are a) Short Pixels is a paid tool b) It is online based web application and c) It can’t resize the file.
- Canva: Canva is a graphic design website used for both web and print media design and graphics like Facebook Cover Photo, Banner, Collage, etc. Using is drag and drop feature a non-professional designer can design a graphic like a professional. Yes, this tool is available for free with some limitations.
- PhotoShop: Whether you want to do basic editing or advance, photoshop is really good software. Basically, peoples in the photography profession are using this software. But, even you can use this software for editing your photos. We are using this software for images and photos, we’re using on our online store and blog. Yes, you can even use this software for format conversion ( for example PNG to JPG, etc) and resize and compressed images.
Search Engine Optimization Tools
- Cloudflare: If you own an online website or blog then Cloudflare is a must for you. Cloudflare is a website security company, providing
DDoS mitigation, content delivery network services, distributed domain name server services, and internet security. In simple words, Cloudflare will look after complete website security. It is available in both- Free as well Paid. The basic features are available for free and you will be charged for pro features only.
- Webmaster Account: This is a must for all website owners. If you own a website or blog then you should definitely open a webmaster account. This feature is available in almost all major search engines including Google and Bing. In this webmaster account, you can find the current status of your website in the respective search engine. For example, Google Webmaster will share important information like the number of indexed webpages, crawling errors, Spam or Error Messages (if any), number of backlinks, etc.
- Google Analytics: Days are gone when we need to installed differents plugins for analytical information from our website. Now, this single plugin can do your complete work. Google Analytics, as the name suggests is a service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, an Audience overview, Real-Time Online users, and lots of statistical data to the website owners.
- Screaming Frog: Website crawling is the first step to collect any information from your site. This work can be done easily using Screaming Frog. This desktop application will crawl your website (based on your inputs like crawl Text or/and Images) and thereby share the required information for SEO audit.
- Gtmetrix: Gtmetrix loads your webpage and analyzes its page speed performance. It also shares suggestions to improve the loading speed of your site.
- Page Speed Insight: A tool owned by Google will scan your web page and share suggestions to improve loading speed. Unlike Gtmetrix, Page Speed Insight does not load the given webpage. Instead, it scans the web page code and shares its suggestions.
- Pingdom: Pingdom is a free tool to check website speed. It also allows you to select the place of location from where the speed test needs to be taken place.
- Plagium: Plagium is a free plagiarism checking tool to check text against possible plagiarism or possible sources of origination.
Video Or Audio Editing Softwares
- Audacity: When it comes to audio editing, ‘Audacity’ is the first name that comes to our mind. Trust me, Audacity alone is enough to full fills all your audio editing needs. If you have this software then you will definitely not require any other software or tool for editing your recorded or audio files. The best part of this software is the Professional version of this software is available for free. Yes, the professional version of Audacity is available for free. The only difficulty of using this software is difficult to use. Being professional software, it is very difficult to use it. A non-technical person can’t use it easily.
- Filmora: Filmora9 video editor from Wondershare is a good software for the beginner who wants to edit a video in no time. Yes, this software is easy to use compared to others. To give it a try you can download the full-fledge trial version of this software from their official website. The only limitation of this trial software will be- that exported videos are watermarked with a Filmora banner across the bottom third of the output.
- Youtube Creators: Can’t afford premium software? Want a free software or tool with intermediate features for video editing. If this is the case then Youtube has the solution for you. The Youtube Creator will allow you to edit the uploaded videos before publishing on your youtube channel.
- Movie Maker: The other free software on the list is ‘Movie Maker’. This software is by default available in Windows. If you are using Microsoft Window on your PC then you will find this software easily in the ‘Start Menu’. Trust me, this is one of the most user-friendly software I have used ever. In this software, you can add your videos and photos and create a beautiful slideshow from it. Next, you can also edit the uploaded videos by adding titles and credit to it.
Screen Recording Software
Screen Recording Software
- Snagit: If you are looking for the best screen capture including recording your screen then this software is for you. This software is owned by Techsmith. In this software, you can record your screen while working on your computer and make a beautiful tutorial from it. This is a paid software but you can give it a try at its free trial version available for 15 days.
- Camtasia: Camtasia is another great software for creating a video tutorial from screencast or direct plugin recording. This software also owned by Techsmith. Remember, Camtasia has the capability of a screen recorder and video editing in a more convenient manner than Snagit Whereas the Snagit is simply a tool that prioritizes screenshot capturing and editing of those shots or video clips. In simple words, if you are looking for a simple tool that allows you to capture screen and edit then Snagit will work best. If you are looking for a more professional version then Camtasia will be the best choice. If Camtasia is too expensive or you don’t like the same then check out this article sharing free alternatives to Camtasia.
- CamStudio: Looking for free software? No problem, we have a CamStudio for you. CamStudio is available for free. It has the capability to record all screen and audio activity on your screen for creating beautiful tutorials and presentations.
Best WordPress Plugins
Best WordPress Plugins
- Yoast SEO: This is a must plugin for your WordPress blog. Yoast SEO will boost the On-Page SEO of your blog post. The basic version is available for free and you need to pay a small amount for the Pro version. Yoast SEO will look after both the readability and SEO score of your given blogpost.
- W3 Total Cache: W3 total cache is another best WordPress plugin you must install on your blog. This plugin will improve your site performance by reducing its loading time via options like Browser Cache, Minify, Object Cache, Database Cache, etc.
- DW Question and Answer: If you want to build a Question and Answer site using WordPress then DW Q&A should be your first choice. Using this plugin, you can build a complete question-and-answer site like Quora.
- Contact Form 7: Contact Form 7 is a WordPress plugin to build and manage multiple contact forms on your WordPress site. These forms are easy to customize and display on the frontend.
- Google Webmaster: This Webmaster account is must for all bloggers and online entrepreneurs. Google webmaster will help you to track your site performance through search console and various others tools.
- Bing Webmaster: Like Google, Bing also provides free webmaster accounts for tracking website’s performance in the Bing Search Engine. This account is must if you want to rank higher in the Bing Search Engine.
3. Ahref Webmaster: In October 2020, Ahref launched its own webmaster account for bloggers and online entrepreneurs. One can create a free account on this webmaster tool. Ahref webmaster is the best tool to improve your website’s SEO performance and get more traffic from search engines.
- Bulk Rename Utility: As the name suggests this desktop software will help you to Change/Add/Remove any text from the filename in the bulk. For example, if you add your blog name behind or chronological numbers or date and time to any numbers of files then this can be done through this software easily. This software is a must for online entrepreneurs selling virtual or downloadable goods online. You can easily add your store behind digital files using this software.
- Last Pass: One of the biggest challenges of running an online business or website is ‘Security’. You need to be very conscious to protect your site from being hacked. To protect your site, it is very important to generate a very long random password for the websites. Next, these passwords need to be stored in a safe place. Last Pass can help you in doing this. Using the Last Pass you can easily store encrypted passwords online. Actually, it is a Password Manager & Vault App to store, share, and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device.
- Smallpdf: Small PDF is a really good website to Convert, Secure, Unprotect, Rotate, Split, Merge, and Compressed PDF, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Trust this website is really good work on this. The best part of this website is- It also retains the formatting of the documents and compressed the file by more than 40% easily. This service is available in both web and desktop versions. These services are available for free for up to 3 files per day. Next, you need to buy a pro version for using these services.
- Web-Capture: Web Capture is an online tool to capture the snapshot of the entire webpage. Using a normal snipping tool, it is not possible to capture the screenshot of your website but this can be done easily using this tool. This online tool will capture the screenshot from top to bottom of the given URL.
- HARO (Help a Reporter Out): Help a Reporter Out is an online service for journalists to obtain feedback from the public. In this service, a journalist from highly respected media outlets will send a couple of emails every day asking experts advice or opinion on a particular topic. HARO will be a great option to promote your site or build high-quality backlinks for free.
The Final Words
Above all are the lists of well know tools in the respective areas. If you think we have missed out on the name of any tool or service then feel free to share your suggestion with us. You can share your feedback in the below comment box. We will be happy to include your suggestion on our list.