Are you planning to quit your 9 to5 job to start blogging? If yes then you’re at the right place. Here, you’ll find the complete blueprint to start money blogging online.
Here, I have covered everything that you’ll require to start your first blog online.
Those days are gone when you would require to go and check multiple articles online for starting the blog. Now, the below blog post is enough to start it.
So, What are we waiting for? Let’s go in…
- Introduction to money blogging
- What is a blog?
- Advantages of Blogging Website
- Step by Step guide to start money blogging online
- 1. Best Profitable Blogging Niches
- 2. Registering a domain name
- 3. Selecting the Hosting Plan
- 4. Best Blogging Platform
- 5. Install and Configure WordPress
- 6. Create Google Webmaste and Analytical Account
- Over to You
Introduction to money blogging
Before we start, tie the knot that blogging will not be going to be an easy journey.
There are more than 600 million blogs online in 2022. However, only a few of them are successful.
Next, if you’re under the assumption that building a successful blog is an overnight journey then you’re wrong.
Always remember, you can start the blog in a few clicks however it will take a longer time to make it successful.
Next, this journey will become easier if you have laid down a strong foundation at the time of starting the blog.
The below blog post will help you in achieving the same.
It will share a full proof plan to start successful money blogging online
But, before that let’s first understand what is a blog exactly.
What is a blog?
A blog is a type of website where you can share your opinion, activity, and experience about something.
For example, a Travel Blog.
In a travel blog, you can share your experience and opinion on visiting the travel place.
In simple words, it is a place where you write about something online.
Yes, this can be also done on social media platforms like Medium, Quora, etc.
However such blogs are only for following your passion. A professional blog should never be built on a free blogging platform.
The reasons for the same are discussed later in this blog post.
You can refer to this blog post to learn how to create a free blog on Blogger.com.
Advantages of Blogging Website
Have you ever wondered, Why people Blog? This is because of its multi-benefits. Besides earning money to live, a blog has many other benefits too like:-
- It’s a great place to expand your networking opportunities with professional peers.
- A corporate blog can help you to increase the visibility of your brands online.
- You can improve your writing skills and be more proficient in any particular language.
- It’s easy and cost-effective to start and manage it.
- It is also a great tool to promote and market your products and services online. etc.
Above all benefits make blogging more interesting.
Now, if you want your life interesting then read the below blog post completely.
I implore don’t skip a single line of it.
Step by Step guide to start money blogging online
- Selecting the best niche for blogging
- Registering a domain name
- Choosing the best hosting plan
- Choosing the best blogging platform
- Install and Configure WordPress
- Creating Google Webmaster and Analytic accounts
Let’s discuss the above steps in detail below.
1. Best Profitable Blogging Niches
A Blog Niche is a specific topic on which you’ll write online.
For example, my blogging niche is about Making Money Online. I write about Blogging, Affiliate Marketing, Google Adsense, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Online Stores, etc.
Similarly, you also need to find the best niche for your blog.
Finding the best niche for a blog depends on two factors.
First is your interest area, and Second is its earning potential. These two factors together will decide the profitable niche for your blog.
If you start a blog in which you’re not interested then you’ll get frustrated. On another side, a blog with a low earning potential will make you irritated. You will have lots of views and followers but at the end of the day, your earnings will be less than a dollar.
So, finding a profitable niche is the first step in creating a money blog online.
I know you may wonder how to decide the earning potential of any blogging niche. To get an answer to this question, please read the below paragraph.
A niche with a higher CPC (Cost per Click) and lower competition will have more earning potential than others. To check this you’ll require to list out frequently used keywords of the niche and then check its CPC rate and competition level respectively.
Obviously, there will be hardly any niche with lower competition and a higher CPC rate. But, this problem can be resolved easily by finding a perfect trade-off between them.
2. Registering a domain name
The domain name is the name of your blog appearing before the [dot]Com in the address bar.
You need to be very cautious while selecting the domain name. This is because once used, you can’t change it easily.
Below, I have mentioned a few important points to remember while selecting and registering the domain name online.
- The domain name should be related to your blogging niche. There is no logic in selecting a domain name like Travel.Com for a Food blog.
- It can’t be changed easily. Changing the domain name means changing the name of your business online.
- It should be unique and easy to remember. You can’t use a domain name been already taken by someone else. Please refer to this article for domain name suggestions.
- It needs to be registered with a Domain Name Registrar like Godaddy, Bigrock, Google Domain, etc.
Registering a domain name is very simple. Just add your domain name to the cart and check out by paying the fee.
The fee charged here is very nominal and needs to be paid at regular intervals based on the subscription taken.
3. Selecting the Hosting Plan
Buying a good ‘Hosting Plan‘ is the next step involved in building money blogging online.
When you buy a hosting plan, you are actually renting space on a physical server to store all website’s data and files.
In simple words, it is a rented space where all your data will be stored.
Kindly note there are four types of Hosting available online. These are as follows.
- Shared Hosting – As the name suggests, this is a hosting plan where a single host (server) is been shared by multiple websites or blogs.
- VPS Hosting – VPS or Virtual Private Server is a dedicated space on a physical server with a reserved amount of resources and great control and customization.
- Dedicated Hosting – Dedicated Hosting is a plan in which a dedicated physical server is allocated to you.
- Cloud Hosting – Unlike traditional hosting, cloud hosting is a plan which makes applications and websites accessible using cloud resources.
4. Best Blogging Platform
This is the next step involved in creating money blogging online.
Here, you need to decide where to start a blog. I mean which platform do you want to use to create a blog and publish blog posts on it?
These platforms are generally open source. Hence, you may not be required to pay anything for it.
However, technical knowledge will be required to download and install these open sources.
WordPress, Poet, Nikola, Ghost, Joomla, Bolt, Droplets, Pelican, etc are examples of open-source blogging platforms.
Above all, WordPress is my favorite. With more than 43% of websites built using WordPress, it is the most widely used blogging platform online.
In simple words, a blogging platform is a pre-made website that you can simply extract and install online. Once it is installed, you can change it according to your requirements.
For example, once you install WordPress, your blog will be ready to go online with the default theme and setting.
Next, you can change the theme and settings as per your requirement.
You can also call this open-source platform an editable template to publish blog posts on it.
5. Install and Configure WordPress
Before you start publishing your blog posts, you first need to install and configure WordPress on your server.
The below articles will help you with installing WordPress and configuring it.
- How to install WordPress?
- How to make your WordPress blog SEO friendly?
- How to configure your WordPress blog?
6. Create Google Webmaste and Analytical Account
For easy understanding, let’s divide this into two parts.
Creating a Webmaster account is a must for a successful blog online. It will allow you to check Indexing Status, Crawl Errors, Search Queries, and Optimize the visibility of your blog.
However, creating an account on Google Analytics is optional.
This is because Google Analytics is for tracking statistics related to users visiting your blog online.
And, if you are new to blogging then there is no need to enable it. There is no sense in enabling Google Analytics to track 10 to 50 page views daily. Right?
So, once your blog starts growing online, you can also create an account with Google Analytics. However, as of now, you don’t need it.
Over to You
Trust after reading the above article, you will be in a position to start a blog online. If you’re still facing any problem or has any query then please feel free to leave the same below in the comment box or contact us directly through the ‘Contact Us’ page. I will be happy to help you.