Do you intend to make the reception zone activity smarter so that your receptionist can focus on other things? So far we have seen that receptionists keeping a track manually of all visitors signing in but its even better if this become automatic. Organizations are also coming forward to use the electronic visitor sign-in system to tighten the safety by restricting access inside the office premises.
Electronic visitor system
When you think of low running costs and smarter workplaces, you first think of cutting paperwork, no more cartridges, and ink. It is time for sticky labels. Organizations prefer an Electronic visitor sign-in system that is efficient, stylish, sleek and user-friendly. It must make the process of visitor signing in and out flexible, easy yet secure.
An electronic visitor management system is basically used to track the visitors who come to visit your site. The system must have the ability to track the daily attendance of the staffs and visitors. These systems are now being used in each and every organization; it is an amazing self-service fast sign-in process that can curtail the administrative burden. A visitor management system comes with additional benefits; it gives all positive impact on your site.
Take a look at the benefits below.
- Accuracy – When you are using an electronic system the visitor information is recorded correctly and uniformly compared to a log book. For every visitor, the data would be entered in a very accurate way.
- Quick sign-in – A business card scanner or a driving license reader will definitely limit the time for each visitor to sign in. A rapid scan of any of the cards and the system would take in all the information and store a record.
- Reporting – All visitor information is stored in a database, this gives the flexibility to sort, search, retrieve and analyze any visitor data for any specific time mentioned. You can actually generate visitor activity reports and this can determine how many times a single visitor has signed-in and signed out and the reasons for doing so. All the information is very crucial during audit billings and security investigations.
- Badges – You get a quick print of visitor badges that are legible. If there is a camera, a photograph can be added to the badge for better identification when the visitor is inside the premises. In case of any kind of security breaches, this photo can be used for investigation purpose.
- Can recognize returning visitors in no time – The electronic visitor management system stores and saves all information. This lets all returning visitors sign in with least effort; the system has a good memory. Id there was a security issue with the returning visitor in the past; the system sends an immediate alert to the department.
- Pre-registration – In case you know a specific visitor who is coming for a meeting, it’s easy to add their information to the system even before time. This speeds up the sign-in procedure when the visitor really arrives.
- Brand reinforced – Visitors will reach your office and the first thing they will come across is the electronic sign-in process and it gives a positive impression. Most of the modern systems have touch screens basically customized with the company logo, color and whatever necessary.
How do the system function and its components
Upon using the electronic visitor sign-in system @ilobby, the visitors are automatically signed-in via a computer.
Next, the visitor needs to submit his/her name to the company receptionist and has to wait till the name is entered in the database.
The receptionist then prints a visitor badge which the visitor can take along when entering the premises. While leaving, they must submit the badge again which indicates sign-out time.
Now, here are the components that make up the system – the visitor management software, the visitor badge printer, card scanner, the optional components are the camera, barcode scanner and signature pad.
Electronic visitor sign-in systems are in great demand and therefore so many companies are coming up with technologically updated systems. If you intend to buy one, make sure you consider all the factors like ease of use, after purchase support, pricing, the facilities they are offering and more.
Do a comparative study, take a close look at the features and order online. All of these software systems are available online, they offer a free trial and if you like then you can subscribe. Use the best system so that there is maximum front desk efficiency in your organization.
Click on a smiley to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: