Each year witnesses a change in SEO strategies as search engines advance and internet usage behaviors change. To remain competitive in the digital space, you must constantly embrace these changes by making them a part of your marketing strategy. Some involve enhancing what you are already doing while others will demand a paradigm shift.
But a question may arise. What is SEO? Let’s have the brief on SEO first.
What is SEO?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is SEO?
- SEO Pracitce 1: Learn The Search Behaviors Of Your Target Audience
- SEO PRACITCE 2: Optimize Your Content
- SEO PRACITCE 3: A Mobile Friendly Website
- SEO PRACITCE 4. Improve On User Experience
- SEO PRACITCE 5: Caption Images And Videos
- SEO PRACITCE 6: High Quality Content
- SEO PRACITCE 7: Use Analytic Tools Wisely
- Wrapping Up
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. In simple words, SEO is an process to optimize your website or blog for ranking higher in the various search engines online.
If you want to build a successful website online then SEO practices is must. A proper implementation of SEO practices can improve the visibility and ranking of your site online.
The common practices like the value of content and the need to optimize your website still remain. However, they still require more attention because they are also advancing.
Here are excellent SEO practices to embrace in 2020 so that your digital marketing campaigns deliver the best returns and value for money.
SEO Pracitce 1: Learn The Search Behaviors Of Your Target Audience
Each market demographic has unique internet usage mannerism. The behavior is determined by age, the product on offer, type of content you provide, and what your competition is doing, among other factors.
Success in digital marketing demands that you align your website and digital presence with these content consumption and internet usage behaviors.
Analytic tools and search engine reports will help you to learn your more about your target market. For instance if you want to pay someone to do my homework, you must know who searches for such information, when the keywords are trending, and the perfect words to use in such a case.
Using different words or uploading content at a time when traffic is slow will result in wasted opportunities.
A few questions will help you to learn your target market better and consequently make better SEO decisions.
- What is the average age of my target market?
- On what devices are they looking for the kind of information on my website?
- At what time do they search for the information I am offering?
- What type of information would be more appealing? Is it images, text, info-graphics, video, or social media, among others?
- How does my target audience interact with content? Do they want to comment, share, save, return to the same website, or like it in snippets?
Internet users change from time to time. The best strategy is to use web analytics and reports to know what works at a particular time and what is ceasing to be trendy.
If you build a strong community around your brand, the audience you have accumulated will provide crucial feedback that helps you to constantly meet their expectations.
Do not shy away from leading them into the direction you desire if it provides a unique and more rewarding digital experience. As long as you are unique and offer value for their time, the community will always follow your cues.
SEO PRACITCE 2: Optimize Your Content
Content was king a decade ago and it is now an even stronger king. The traffic you get to your website and the conversions arising from such traffic ride on the value you offer in your content. Sustained traffic, an important element in digital marketing and SEO, also rides heavily on content.
It sounds mundane to talk about optimizing content in 2020 until you realize that people and search engines are looking at content differently today. Content is now more than a few keywords and meta titles or meta descriptions. The tactics you used last year could not be outdate or hold a lower measure today. This calls for constant evaluation of your content optimization strategy.
How can you optimize your content in 2020? Here are the winning tricks to optimize content on your website.
- Research on the right keywords for your industry– It is the keywords that connect search engines and the target traffic to your website. Update keywords regularly to ensure relevant content.
- Optimize your domain, titles, and metas– search engines give more weight to domain names, titles, subtitles, meta descriptions, and meta titles. Use words that are easy for search engines to pick from your website and connect to relevant searches.
- Optimize images, videos, and graphics on your website– Use captions with the right keywords so that the alternative content can be captured by search engines.
- Build powerful lines-Connect to authoritative websites and link to more content within your website. Search engines will notice that your content is more valuable.
- Use keywords strategically and naturally– Keyword usage forms part of user experience. If the content feels easy and natural to read even with the keywords, it will appeal more to the target audience.
A few tricks may get you traffic without resulting in conversion. The quality of your content will determine how many people buy your products once they land on your page. It is the best source of sustained and high quality traffic.
SEO PRACITCE 3: A Mobile Friendly Website
Mobile searches have gone beyond 52% of internet traffic. If you are not thinking about mobile searches, you are ignoring over half of internet traffic. It will result in a less competitive website and online brand.
Further, failure to provide a mobile friendly site results will reduce the chances of return traffic.
What makes a website mobile friendly?
- A responsive design– all information is easy to access through a natural scrolling mechanism. The user is not forced to zoom images or sections to hit buttons or perform a task on your website.
- Readable fonts– a mobile screen is small compared to a computer or laptop. The font should be legible without straining.
- Optimized media displays– how well do the images and videos appear on the website? If a visitor strains to see the images, he will abandon the visit and never return to the site even with paid advertising.
- Friendly topography– how are pages and features placed on your website? The design should feel easy and natural so that the user does not struggle to access information. Topography forms part of overall user experience.
A mobile friendly website captures traffic and will result in higher conversions. Think of tapping on features as opposed to clicking using a mouse as it happens on computers. Reduce the need for data entry or make it natural and easy for a mobile user.
Please visit this website (owned by Google) to check whether your site is mobile friendly or not?
SEO PRACITCE 4. Improve On User Experience
Have you ever thought of how a supermarket or mall is organized? Why are common shopping items always on the ground floor and near the checkout? Why are checkout points near the door?
The arrangement is to give you an easy and natural customer experience. Provide the same for visitors landing on your page.
The information they need most should appear at the top and be easily accessible. Provide a site map on your home page to make it easy to navigate the website. On every page, make it easier to return home or connect to other significant pages.
Choose a pleasant theme for your website and leave some white spaces to make the website optically appealing. A cluttered website causes eye fatigue and makes it difficult to find information. Label all sections and pages well for easier identification.
Loading speed is a crucial part of user experience. Visitors want a website that loads in less than a second. The longest they can wait for a page or website to load is 2 seconds.
57% of internet users will abandon any website that goes for 3 seconds without loading. If it goes to 4 seconds, 87% will bolt.
It means that top ranking through content or advertising with a poor loading speed will result in wasted resources. Further, it affects your conversion rate despite high ranking or increased traffic.
What do you want people to do on your website and how easy is it? If you need comments, provide a natural box for visitors to leave comments. Where you need subscriptions, it should be the easiest activity on your website.
If a visitor senses difficulty in performing tasks on your website, the chances of abandonment increase. Constantly evaluate user experience on your website to boost conversion and ROI.
SEO PRACITCE 5: Caption Images And Videos
Images and videos are increasingly becoming a valuable source of internet traffic. The inclusion of an image or video on your website has the potential of increasing traffic by up to 106%. While content on your website is captured by search spiders, the images add to the weight that your website receives during ranking.
Use the right keywords on those captions so that your content can be seen. Search engine technology is yet to get to a level of deciphering the content on an image or video. It will skip such images yet they could be valuable in your SEO strategy. Provide a detailed description that also includes the target keywords.
Videos are also receiving high and unique traffic that is growing faster than any other type of content. To make the video visible to search engines, provide a transcription. Descriptions and transcriptions give readers an idea of what to expect in the video.
The information increases the chances of people watching your videos to the end and to the point of taking your envisaged action.
SEO PRACITCE 6: High Quality Content
Content drives people or traffic to your website. It is also the magnet that keeps pulling them back to the same website, resulting in stead traffic. It will also determine the quantity and strength of the community you build around your online presence and brand.
The quality of your content helps you to compete with hundreds of millions of other website offering similar or alternative content.
Remember that an average person spends more than 1hour 30minutes a day on other websites apart from work related portals. With millions of websites, what will send the person to your page and not any other? The answer is in the content.
What is quality content today will be stale tomorrow. Quality content for one person will also be different for the other.
So, what is the secret to producing high quality content for your website to improve your SEO ranking?
Here are a few valuable tips.
- Relevant– provide the information that your target market is looking for and not what you think they should have. Check search engine reports for trending topics in your area to know the information to provide.
- Fresh– renew your information regularly. If a visitor finds the same articles during return visits, the chance of following the website reduce. Even search engines do not like stale information.
- Well packaged– know whether your target audience loves videos, images, long text, short text, social media content, and such other types. Package the information specifically for that audience. Make it easy to consume and engage.
- Interesting– while the information might be technical, it must be easy to read. Use simple language that makes your articles easy to understand. When information is engaging, the chances of returning, sharing, and engaging increase. Search engines notice the trend and will rank you higher.
Hire expert content writers or sharpen your skills to help you produce the best quality content. Learn new content writing tricks that appeal to search engines. Take advantage of user-generated content to enhance your digital marketing campaign. If you get content right, all other elements will be easier to handle. You will see an instant and cheaper bulge in your digital marketing results.
SEO PRACITCE 7: Use Analytic Tools Wisely
SEO is a journey and not a destination. A successful campaign requires regular evaluation to determine what works and the strategies that are no longer giving desired results. You must constantly measure your effort and returns to enable prudent allocation of resources.
Install analytical tools on your website to monitor your sources of traffic, activity on your website, mentions online, and such crucial data that helps you to strengthen the campaign. Monitor vital areas that define the success of your digital marketing strategy.
With analytical tools you will take greater charge of your campaigns and get more predictable results.
The digital space is becoming increasingly competitive. Success will depend on the strategies you develop and how well you take advantage of available tools and opportunities.
Surprisingly, many of these practices do not require any extra resources. Take the initiative and keep track of developments in the digital space. You will get better results for digital marketing efforts and a reasonable return on investment.
Above all are must SEO tips to optimize your website online. They are the great starting point to optimize your website. Once they are implemented, your site will become capable enough to withstand this competitive industry, where nowadays everyone is going online with their website or blog.
This is how we preparing our website in 2020? Now its your turn? Do not forget to share your SEO practices with us.
Next, if you need any help in optimizing your site for search engines then feel free to ask. We will be happy to help you.