In the world of digital marketing, content creation takes center stage.
When you create high quality content, you’re giving your audience
- the information they require
- attract potential clients to your business through various channels
- strengthen relationships with existing customers and
- keep them coming back for more.
To put it simply, good content can really put you ahead of the game and take your business to the next level.
However, content creation is not as simple as creating blog posts, emails, videos or other types of content and releasing them into the world, hoping they will reach their target.
You must first understand who you’re writing for.?
It’s absolutely essential to customize the content you publish in order to get to your audience’s heart and increase customer engagement.
That’s where the buyer persona comes into play, helping you understand who your audience is and what it needs?
But the tricky part is, as a business you’ll probably have to create content for different personas if you want to make the most of your marketing efforts.
How can you achieve that?
It starts with identifying your target buyers for your business, and then employing the best strategies to craft content specifically for them.
What is a buyer persona?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before we get down to the nitty-gritty of content creation, let’s first clarify what a buyer persona is.
To put it simply, a buyer persona is the profile of a certain segment of your audience. It encompasses all the traits and characteristics of the customers you want to attract.
It’s about creating a humanized image of the consumers your business is targeting and finding as much as you can about them in order to define who they are?
It helps marketers draw up an accurate portrait of the people forming the target audience, gain a better understanding of their needs and expectations, and convey their messages effectively.
Most businesses develop two to four buyer personas that are relevant to their customer base.
Developing buyer personas
Developing accurate buyer personas is a complex process that requires collecting and analyzing data from a variety of sources. Here are the most important steps to consider:
- Analyze your current audience – there might be a lot you don’t know about your current audience, so running a few surveys is always a good idea to fill in the gaps.
- Conduct market research – it’s important to get to know not only your current audience, but also potential customers that populate the market. Market research can help you in that respect by providing insights into customers in your niche or industry.
- Use analytics software – your website and social media accounts can offer a wealth of information on your target audience, allowing you to collect detailed information about them.
- Check the customer database – it never hurts to use what you already have, so go ahead and look into your customer database to gain valuable information about your customers.
- Consult with the sales team – your sales team is the most qualified to give you accurate details about your target audience as they’re constantly interacting with them.
Strategies to create personalized content
Once you’ve developed your buyer personas, it’s time to make good use of it.
Some marketers believe that developing a buyer persona is enough and that good content will just happen naturally.
However, it takes some well-thought strategies to connect the pieces together and craft content that will attract prospects like a magnet.
When you write for buyer personas specifically, you create content that can drastically improve brand equity, increase conversion rates and grow your business.
Here’s what you need to know:
Elements to consider
When it comes to content creation you must pay attention to:
- Tone – the tone dictates the direction of your content, whether you want it to sound professional, casual, informative, humorous etc.
- Style – use words that your buyer personas understand and that they would use when they talk.
- Format – depending on the buyer persona you’ll be able to employ different content layouts.
- Length – match the length of your content with the buyer persona’s attention span.
Best methods To Craft BEST Content
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s look at some ways to write effective content for different buyer personas at scale.
#1. Talk to your audience directly
Instead of trying to figure out what topics you should write about, you could adopt a more straightforward approach and ask your target audience directly what they’d be interested in.
It’s not being lazy. Actually, it’s being open and engaging your customers in an open and honest discussion that will benefit both parties.
It’ll make content creation easier for you and guarantee your messages will reach the buyer persona, while your audience will receive the relevant and useful information they expect
#2. Find out what your competitors are doing
Monitoring your competition is another effective method to help you create content for your buyer persona.
Look at your competitor’s websites and blogs, analyze their posts and figure out what type of content creates more engagement and gets better reviews from different buyer personas, so you can replicate the model in your business.
#3. Use Quora
Quora is the site that can answer all your questions, making it a great resource for finding inspiration for your content.
It’s a good place to start if you want to find out what people are interested in regarding your niche and what topics you should approach to answer their most burning questions. Whenever you hit a creative block, Quora can set you back on track.
Trust, Quora will be the best place to craft a personalized and quality content for your audience.
#4. Reuse content material
Creating personalized content for different buyer personas doesn’t necessarily imply writing different pieces of content for each of them, especially since you’re crafting content at scale.
You can use the same material and adapt it to make it suitable for the buying persona that you’re targeting.
This process is known as Content Repurposing. For example, you can convert your blog posts into different ebook and share the same as ebook via PDF format.
For more details on Content Repurposing, please refer to below article
By knowing how and to use elements mentioned above (tone, style, format, length) appropriately, you can create high quality content that will speak to different buyer personas, without the need to start from scratch every time.
At last, feel free to contact us if you need any help on crafting best personalized and quality content for different personas with scale. You can share your feedback or query in below comment box.