A business invests millions of dollars in building websites and SEO or Search Engine Optimization with one clear intent: to grow the organic traffic and their chances of sales. However, this is not as easy as it seems to be. The prime reason for this is that there is a latent possibility of creating canonicalization issues in the process.
Now, what is canonicalization and how it can be resolved? Technically speaking, canonicalization is the creation of duplicate content. This can not only reduce the functionality and effectiveness of a site but will also affect the business and its eventual revenue generation as well.
You will notice such issues when you see that the exact same info and content is showing up in almost every individual blog post as well as the category pages of the blog. Given the fact that there are trillions of sites on the web and an equal number of blog posts out there, this can suddenly become serious and a ‘must be rectified’ issue.
Fixing canonicalization issues
There are lots of ways in which you can rectify canonicalization issues in a site to ensure better SEO results. However, the most appropriate solution for your particular site will largely depend on the basic cause of the original issue.
- For example, you can fix such issues in as less as 30 seconds if you simply remove a couple of lines of code from the theme of your blog. However, for this you must exactly know what you are doing or else you will make the situations even worse.
- On the other hand, if there are larger issues and a large number of errors and you want to go into the root cause of the issue then you can use the Google Search Console or any other such tool to find out why you are having such a large number of duplicate content errors. You can then plan your next course of action.
- You can also use the canonical tag that will help you to identify the original content if you have numerous versions of the same page and then make the necessary changes.
Typically, if you want to resolve the issue of duplication, all you have to do is drop in a single line of code of reference to the URL of the original page.
Fortunately, there are lots of plugins available such as the Yoast SEO that you can use for this purpose and make things simple and make it work better. These plugins will help you to set the post version or the default page as the canonical. The end result of this is that it will automatically and always add the line by default.
Yes, of course, you can take help from experts such as Gramista and its likes for this matter if you are not very sure or confident about the process and are apprehensive about the final outcome.
Gain more quality backlinks
Another simple way to gain more traffic towards your site is to make sure that you gain more quality and SEO optimized website conversion backlinks.
Typically, for better SEO, backlinks are the prime factor. This will help your site to rank better and higher in the result pages of the search engines. This is because:
- Google will interpret the link as the signal of the credibility of your website when different high-quality websites link to your site.
- As that happens, it will help you to build a better and more solid backlink profile. This will play a significant role in making your web pages climb higher up in the ranking list.
Once again, this is easier said than done because getting quality backlinks for your site will ask for a lot of effort, careful planning, and a strategic approach. However, if you are willing to spend time then you will surely see good results just as you desired to grow your business.
- Probably the best approach to achieve this is by considering emailing the influencers that you know.
- However, you can also consider the other blogs in your specific niche.
You may share your article with the influencers or blogs owners and make it a point that you direct them towards the page where you have shared a portion of their content. This will surely help you to gain more quality backlinks.
Avoid keyword research mistakes
When it comes to SEO and traffic, keywords play a very significant role. Without a proper keyword, you will seldom have any desirable search results. This means your site will be far from your target audience and will never be found in the first couple of pages of the search engines, leave along within the first couple of search results or names in the first page of the search engines.
Unfortunately, several businesses commit a few common keyword research errors even after crafting the best possible website for their business by the highest paid web page developers. These are the common mistakes that you should avoid to get the desired results.
One of the most common mistakes that businesses commit is ignoring the competition. If you do that you will not be able to select the right and result driven keyword right from the outset. There are several reasons for this.
- Searching for the right keyword is typically essential as this is contextually relevant and extremely important to what you wish to do and achieve.
- When you use the most appropriate keywords it will help you to align things in the best possible way as to what you are trying to say, whom you are trying to reach out to and what you are trying to sell.
Therefore, what is the best thing that you can do in this regards? It is very simple and does not involve any rocket science. All you have to do is search for and open a keyword volume tool such as Google Keyword Planner or a paid tool like SEMrush and type in a few notions and designs. You will soon get the results back.
Author Bio: This is a guest post from Kristen Smith. Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings. You can visit Gramista for more information.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: